Saturday, January 28, 2006

Message From the President

A Year To Remember

Once I was new and I couldn't care less,

about rain and the snow and winter's duress.

But after a month of looking out windows,

at the dirt and the clouds and the wind that blew sideways...

I needed a change from my days full of stress,

So, I joined up with Newcomers and too, the exec.

There, I had a great reason to get away from the mess,

from the dishes and the laundry and the unmade beds.

It turned out to be the most wonderful decision,

that made my life meaningful and filled with new mission.

Over time I realized that by doing my best,

I had helped many others get over their stress(es)!

Soooo, now I am writing my mid-term address,

asking each one of you to be put to the test.

If I can manage to get out there and do it,

so can YOU, and I know you'll really enjoy it!

Just give a firm nod when they call down the list

and you'll have the chance to give us your best.

My time as the Pres. of Newcomers I'll miss,

along with the meetings, the mail, and the lists.

Now when I meet my new friends "come from away"

I'll tell them for certain to join up today.

'Cause when it is over I will surely attest,

that my year served on the exec was one of the best.

Peggy T.