Sunday, January 08, 2006

Message from the President

Dear Ladies,

Well, well, well, I hope by now each of you has recovered from the hustle and bustle of the holidays and are ready to greet the new year with new resolve! What's that you say? Isn't it what we all are supposed to "do" at this time of year? Make resolutions, I mean. Yes, I have made a few and they all have a good chance of succeeding.....right. My list is always about doing the positive rather than abstaining from the negative. I resolve to be more cheerful, attentive, active, helpful, healthful, and to make every day a good day. Just what we all said, right? Life is short, so I want to have a good time whenever I can!

Is it possible to have too much fun? As I write this letter I am still reeling from all the tasty food and wine I consumed at the Holiday Social that was last night at my house. What a blast! Many thanks go to the Executive members for all their help with food, set-up, planning, entertainment, and general support. You are the backbone of this organization, upon whom I truly depend! The evening was remarkable, too, mostly because of the warmth and spontaneity of the guests. Yes,

YOU. Newcomers is all about its members. We are special because YOU are special.

My resolve is hopefully catching. Start the new year right by attending the interest groups and social meetings. Make a date with a new friend and show her around our wonderful city. Remember our monthly calendar starts with Hi Tea on the first Wednesday, this month at Basia's, Executive meetings on the second Monday, the Social meetings are the third Monday each month, and all other events are scattered in between. Choose one, choose all, but never sit at home and wish for something to do. If there is another activity you'd enjoy, call Mary-Ellen or another member of the executive, as we are there to help make your stay in St. John's the most pleasant it can be. Smile and the world smiles with you!

Peggy T.