Sunday, September 02, 2007

Message from the president

As I sit at my desk jotting down thoughts, I find myself in a state of denial. It does not seem possible that September is here and it is time to think of settling into our fall routines. I always feel somewhat like a squirrel, scurrying around trying to finish outdoor projects, and preparing our “nest” for family and the upcoming colder weather.

Now is a good opportunity to think of our personal time and decide where we want to focus our attention. Take note of the interest groups, including the new ones being offered this year. Make sure you sign up for any you are interested in so you will be notified of upcoming activities. The sign up sheets will be at Hi Tea, as well as our kick off Social.

Although I don’t want to rush the month away, I am truly looking forward to the Social, it will be an enjoyable, informal evening where you can catch up with old friends and make new friends too. This will be an evening not to miss.

There are lots of new ideas and locations for the Socials for the year. I won’t spoil the surprise, but be sure to reserve the evening of October 9th for an all new activity to the Newcomers’ Club. One I am positive you will all enjoy.

Hope to see you on September 5th at Hi Tea, and the 17th at the Social, so we can visit and get the year off to a great start.

Ann G.

President, St. John's Newcomers'Club